Jan 4, 2012

Pollination



Well, all of us have read about pollination during school. But have you yourself added a variety from another city to your own garden!?

Whenever I see an interesting plant/ flower while travelling, I ask myself… can this be grown in my garden?! .. and whenever possible I do try to bring it home. In fact there have been instances when I have tried carrying bigger varieties while travelling by plane, only to the embarrassment of my dear hubby! :p But I being an obstinate optimist, still manage to take chances!

Last spring we sowed ‘Aprajita’ seeds brought from my sasural in West.Bengal…. It was love at first sight when I saw those little peculiar purple swaying in the light breeze. Few months of gestation in Delhi and voila, here were my own flowers. Here have a look and tell me what do you think about these…

No comments:

Post a Comment